DNS stands for “Domain Name System”.
The DNS is a naming system for computers, servers and other network devices over the Internet. It is used for resolving hostnames to IP addresses or vice versa. For e.g. hostname server.dnsknowledge.com has IPv4 address 126.96.36.199 and has IPv6 address 2607:f0d0:1002:11::9. In other words DNS is used for associating a domain name (such as dnsknowledge.com) to an IP address (such as 188.8.131.52). It just work like the “phone book” for the Internet by translating easy remember computer or server names into IP addresses.
Internet domain names are easier to remember than IP addresses such as 184.108.40.206 (IPv4) or 2607:f0d0:1002:11::9 (IPv6). Using DNS one can remember URLs such as google.com and e-mail addresses without having to know how the machine will actually locate them.
The DNS is suite of protocols that comprise TCP/IP. All major operating systems, network devices, mobile phones, and PDAs supports DNS. DNS is always implemented using two software components:
- The DNS server.
- The DNS client (also resolver).
Why Use DNS?
- Each packet that is sent across an IP network over LAN or the Internet must contain a destination IP address.
- However, users prefer to identify destination hosts by hostname rather than IP addresses.
- Numerical IP addresses are difficult to remember.
- Almost, all applications such as web browser, e-mail client and other apps allow users to enter destinations as hostname.
- Your applications will automatically translate those hostnames to IP addresses using resolver library functions for communication.
- DNS makes it easy to remember network names, server names, file server names, web site names and e-mail address for network users.
- DNS is created for us to translate human-friendly computer names into IP addresses.
- DNS is critical for the Internet.
- DNS is an essential component of the functionality of the internet including e-mail, anti-spam, distributing software updates and much more.
i need to get my domain dsn
I need to get my dsn
Hi, need IP or DSN for installation of an IP camera, thanks!
Often we hear experts in the media that report a particular stock is likely to soar and now is the time
to buy. So unless any organization completes the formalities and find the necessary certifications they’re able
to’t start their business. Donnie Jonston will be the author
of this article about how you can make cash Ebay Donnie has many years of work
experience being a writer and in addition working with drop shippers in the
variety of entrepreneurial ventures.
How do you find DNS on Apple MacBook Pro?
There seems some very sinister Microsoft happenings
On my I phone and Brand New Apple
Mac Book . I am not in Business what is my DNS?
Just because I own this Nexus 7 does not mean I am happy
With Windows from any one why do All people not get told who or what is their DNS . I have Arduino Yun. It has an IP address but
My Apple Mac said it does not have an IP address.
My Android nexus apps can not connect niether can my I_Phone
Or I_Pad Apps. Yet I can go to it’s IP address on my Browser
Safari ….. Chrome seems to have a problem on my Mac to find it.
I think because I bought an Apple Mac Book Pro every advice is aimed at business solutions . I am not a business just want to get on with a retirement hobby without being swamped by Business Solutions. my hobby is Raspberry Pi+ and All Arduino models.
Can someone point me in the right Domestic Home Direction for
This DNS problem. Not Business Solutions which are nearly all Microsoft windows orientated. I do not have Windows devices only this nexus 7, nor will I!
How come i cant connect to my server, to set up my gmail? I have a Google acct. My Samsung S6 is connected to my T-mobile acct. I also have Xfinity personal WiFi. Who is my DNS and who provides the Internet Provider?
I need help setting up a website.
it is simple ….. which hosting you are using, i.e if you are using uphost.io
DNS sever is a numerical nomber so of alfabet .
that so server ip in converts
No puedo ver mi novela alfondo hay sitio dise que cometio error de DNS que no le puede detectar en la web
I’m trying to find out my ip address because my phone said I had 53 of then and when I went back it said to report abuse so thats what im trying to do now. Ty Graeme George.